Monday, December 13, 2010

A little boost

Yesterday in nursery our lesson was somehow extra short, and we all ended up coloring for about twenty-five minutes of the hour. At least, I ended up coloring with 3 somewhat calm children, and Colby ended up walking around the room with an obstinate child attached to his ankle. Biting him.

It was an interesting day.

Anyway, I was coloring just like the rest of them, while also trying to keep them focused (because we obviously didn't have any other activity ideas) and to keep all the crayons on the table. My favorite little boy was sitting next to me, and at one point he leaned over and looked at my paper.

"Hey, that's looking so good in the lines!"

It made my day. It's been a long time (like, a REALLY long time) since I've been complimented on my ability to color in the lines, but it never loses its thrill, you know?

2 comments:

  1. awww...the wonderful innocence of youth! They give the BEST compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome. Children are the biggest ego boosters ever.

    ReplyDelete