Saturday, March 26, 2011

Childcare

I spend a lot of my time these days babysitting. This is sometimes good, and sometimes not. Anyone who knew me in high school, or college, or actually now, knows my feelings toward babysitting - and the extensive list of things I'd rather do or have done to me. But the babysitting I'm doing now isn't so bad. Most of the time, I really enjoy it. Here are some reasons why:
-I go by "Ria" or "Berina," depending on the day. Who knew "Maria" was such a difficult word for little kids to say?
-I am a regular at McDonalds. I've always wanted to be a regular somewhere, but I have to say McDonalds didn't really top my list. The lady who works afternoons at the drive through smiled at me knowingly a couple of weeks ago and asked me how I was. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

I also have the greatest conversations with the kids.

Him: "You can't fly?" Me: "Nope." Him: "You need some pixie dust." Me: "So true."

Me: "What's your favorite animal?" Her: "A panda bear. You know where you can hug one? China. It helps them fall asleep." I wasn't sure if I should warn her against actually attempting to hug a panda, or just let it go.

We recently spent a whole week of babysitting 3 kids, and fortunately (and contrary to my fears at the outset) we finished up feeling like we could still have children someday. Hooray!




1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for an extra hand to help our with your household and your children?

    Nanny Australia is offering Nanny, Au Pair, Babysitting and Tutoring services to parents in Australia.

    Au Pair companions are international visitors who travel to Australia on a Working or Student Visa to acquire a better understanding and appreciation of Australian life while living with an Australian family and caring for their young children. They become full-fledged family members, sharing a cultural exchange experience, which often leads to a lasting relationship with the host family.

    Should you be interested in hosting an Au Pair, please email our friendly team and we will answer all your questions.

    team@nannyaustralia.com.au
    Find a Babysitter in Australia

    ReplyDelete